Friday, October 20, 2006

Singapore v.2

I've found two free wi-fi spots.
1. McDonald's (but they want your email first. God knows how much spam I'll logging on!)
2. My buddy's house *grins*

Beyond that, my MacBook Pro is an expensive (and heavy) piece of dumbell to carry around...

The YMCA is a hotspot too. SGD24 for two hours and SGD30 for 24 hours....

In any case, this trip is a little weird. First time in Singapore being single. Urbangem seems to be too busy with her beau to care about this small town boy. Instead of going to BOAT QUAY to look for Jazz@Southbridge, I found my way to CLARKE QUAY instead. I'm hopeless...

LSM,
Yeah! Tell me about it. Next thing you know, Coffeezone and CoffeeBean'll be doing the same thing!
The epicentre at wheelock place is so much nicer than av, don't you think? I was like a baby in a candy store.
By the way, I read your article. Good stuff. Congratulations and keep 'em coming!

Lizzie,
The one on my back eh? Yeah, I almost gave up on that one. I got it done with Richard from Johnny Two Thumbs. Good guy. Wherever I am in the world, I fly to Singapore just to get a tattoo done by him. They're a little more expensive than the rest of the guys here but hey! If it's on you the rest of your life, you might not want to risk it to scrimp a few bucks right? :)
I spent a total of about four and a half hours. More on the one on my ankle. The one on my back was relatively quick. And he didn't use any outlining on that one. Just the shading tool. I'm done. No more tattoos for me. I told myself long time ago three is enough and I've got three now. So there.

2 Comments:

At 1:21 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i almost got a tattoo in hong kong. but the tattooist that i found was pretty crappy at black and grey. it was a major letdown cos i spent the last few months saving up for that tat. oh well... next time then...

 
At 10:51 pm, Blogger urbanGem said...

ehemz..... i just checked ur blog n i noticed URBANGEM's mentioned somewhere in this post? heyyy....... i wasn't ONLY busy with my beau.. i was busy with a zillion other stuff too. sm ups n downs... u needa navigate w/o me around boy!!!! im sorry i couldn't meet up.. it's not time yet :(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home